Tuesday 15 June 2010

A Very British Weekend!

Hey there! I hope you all had a good weekend doing everything you fancied! I think my Folksy Friday Summer Brights post worked, for one day at least - we had a beautifully sunny Saturday which necessitated some bicycle-related tweaking and purchasing!

I got a wicker basket! It's so twee, I love it - it clips on and comes off really easily, and it has a handle so I can take it off when I get to work...ridiculous, really, but very fun!


Whilst buying the basket, we found an enormous section of the shop dedicated to (very attractive...) high-visibility-wear. Hidden underneath was a basket full of high-vis clip-on creatures - genius! Of course I had to get a moose! He now lives on my basket and will be my companion throughout my cycling escapades!


I realised I never shared the bell my sister got me for my birthday - it matches it perfectly!


Then Sunday was typically miserable again so we had a very domesticated day baking bread and making scones...



...and then eating them with copious amounts of cream and jam! Mmm!


What did you get up to?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh yummy!! The scones look amazing, look at all that cream... mmm.

Your bike is so cute! And I love the bell! I'm scared of bikes (too many traumatic fallings-off as a kid) but I've got to admit I'm a bit jealous. The basket is adorbs! x

Tash said...

Mmm Scones, GET IN MY BELLY.

Your bike is so cute. My boyfriend spent the weekend fixing my childhood mountain bike so I can start riding it to School, but I'm too scared to go on the roads :( so I probably won't even end up riding it. Wah wah.

Bluebelle said...

Oh, nice weekend! We had scones last week on holiday, and I had forgotten how much I love them. Delicious!

Gillian said...

I love your bike, the basket is too cute! I wish I had a bike, but the thought of cycling in the city scares me too much haha.
Yum those scones look lovely, I will have to do some baking this weekend!

Helen said...

your bike is so adorable! i love the colour of it.

Kathryn Dyche said...

That basket is so cute.

Mmmm I'd kill for a scone with jam and cream right about now.

Anonymous said...

Loving your bike and the basket, I need one! The moose is very cute too :) Mmm, scones!

Exchange Links with Wrapped Up With String!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP