Thursday 14 January 2010

Dublin!

Hiya! I thought I'd share some of the photos we took over last weekend in Dublin - most of them were taken by my dad, so all credit goes to him!


The obligatory 'plane' photo! These are part of the Clwydian Range, which includes the Horseshoe Pass and Llangollen (thanks, Dad!).


This is the lake in the middle of St. Stephen's Green...it was half covered in ice and perfectly still.


St. Patrick's Cathedral.


Right outside our apartment...what a lovely view!


Painted angels in the castle.


My favourite angel!

My mum pointed out that since last January, I've been to more than my fair share of capital cities - Budapest, Edinburgh, Rome, Berlin, London and Dublin...I have spent ten months doing conservation volunteering so have hopefully mopped up some of those air and train miles...BUT! Of those, I think Edinburgh has to be my favourite, I absolutely adore it. I love the up and down streets, the high high buildings, the zoo (of course!), Arthur's Seat, the variety of shops, the parks and gardens, sitting in pubs with my friends and the inevitable eating out that comes with being in a different town. We're also really lucky to have friends living there so hopefully my next visit might not be too far away!

Where are your favourite cities? Why do you love them?

No comments:

Exchange Links with Wrapped Up With String!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP