Sunday 25 April 2010

Leeds Pannier Market Finds!

Hiya! This is just a little post to show you some of the lovely things I found at the Leeds Pannier Market yesterday...


Mmmm! How could you make raspberry jam nicer than it already is? ...add some Amaretto! Yum yum yum! Made in Leeds by Perfectly Preserved!


I wish wish wish I'd come up with this idea...these cards have biodegradable, plantable images of vegetables, with seeds of the vegetable inside! Adorable! They also do flower cards, recipe cards, bookmarks and gift tags - aww! Made from recycled and biodegradable materials in the UK by big tree little tree.


This might be my actual necklace of dreams. I adore semi-precious stones set in silver, and I've been working on obtaining a full set of turquoise jewellery (I had two sets of earrings, a ring and a bracelet so far)...and this completes it! This was originally £49.50, reduced to...£10.00...love it! Thank you, Oliver! This is fairly traded from Turquoise Bear in Rothwell!

The market was quite small, but there were a lot of lovely stalls (37 apparently!) with really high quality handmade things for sale (and one selling the most amazing cheese I've ever eaten - I'm currently on a mission to lose half a stone, however, so I had to resist actually buying some...tasting was allowed, obviously!). The wind was a bit of a pain for the stallholders, but once the sun got above the buildings, it was really nice. Hopefully it'll grow in popularity over the summer as more and more people find out about it!

I bought a couple of other treats, too, but I'm saving those for you in my next giveaway - check back on Tuesday to enter!

What did you get up to at the weekend? Have you made any lovely purchases recently?

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I am a little too in love with that necklace right now.. it's gorgeous! I can't wait to visit the markets when they're next on.

I didn't do too much! Went for a long run yesterday, I think it was about 6 miles? It was so nice with the lovely sunshine.

Just so you know, I gave you a little award on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds great and I too am partial to a bit of cheese ( sometimes more than a bit!)

sulkycat said...

Love the necklace in particular! And thank you for the comment on my blog - and thank you for the purchase at the fair! I really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the one at the end of May (my birthday!), a vintage 50s feel to what I am taking then - do say hello if you are there.

Exchange Links with Wrapped Up With String!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP