Thursday 30 September 2010

Edinburgh!


Well hello there! Would you like to see some photos of me being ever-so slightly childish at Insect and Butterfly World in Edinburgh? Yes? Oh good! There are also some more sensible photos of my creations at Edinburgh Bead Fair...


Steam and spectacles - a stunning combination!






We held a tarantula named Lola! Yes, the rest of the people around that table were under 10 years of age...


Ha!

Obviously myself and Jem went a bit mad buying beads at the Edinburgh bead fair - here's what I've made with a few of mine! I love teal and brown together, and I wear those colours probably four days out of seven (exciting, eh?), so my first attempt at jewellery (since I was about fifteen, anyway!) is based around them...




We also went to a class about Reducing, Reusing and Recycling things to make jewellery from, in which I made this set (and laminated a whole load of other images!)...


The class was fun, but it cost £16 to go to, and if I'm really honest, it was pretty simple and nothing I couldn't have imagined up myself, so we were slightly disappointed, but it was a Sunday afternoon spent creating, so I didn't feel too hard done by!

The whole weekend was pretty creative - Jem's a fellow crocheter, so we spent some cosy evenings crocheting and jewellery-creating and she also gave me some of her gorgeous recycled earrings - I'll show you them soon! The gents bought a flat-pack wardrobe from Ikea and spent about five minutes putting that up before giving up and watching Ocean's Thirteen instead...it's the thought that counts, yes? Heehee!

2 comments:

pearlslaceandruffles said...

The close up picture of the butterfly is so beautiful, I love the colors! xo

Anonymous said...

for sale to bring cheap, easy to order them warm and cozy. [url=http://www.cheaptnf.com/]cheap north face jackets[/url] Outdoor Jackets also produced by lower, yet it is different from others, created [url=http://www.northfaceoutlettou.com/]north face outlet online[/url]

Exchange Links with Wrapped Up With String!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP