Tuesday 5 July 2011

Splash!

My affection for amazingly poor Monday night television is obviously what inspires me to blog... ;-) tonight is brought to you by Dirty Sexy Things - previous favourites have included Glee and Made in Chelsea, brilliant!

Anyway, a little update! I mentioned a while ago that I'd signed up for the Yorkshire Swimming Festival 1500m Swim for All...and it's now bearing down on me, it's this coming Sunday! I tried out my wetsuit when we were on holiday in the Lakes (for the record, Crummock Water is terrifying....and I am a wimp), stunning, no?


...and had my first proper outdoor swim this Saturday - Puppington joined in, too!


I realise this is not amazing training, outdoor-wise, but there are chuff all places to practise around Leeds (unsurprisingly, really, being in the middle of the country!) so I've been swimming in the pool instead - we'll just have to see how it goes! I'm trying to get used to the initial shock of the cold water by having cold showers (it's a good job it's toasty warm this week!), as I find it really hard to control my breathing (minor issue...) but I'm just going to shut up and (wo)man up - wish me luck!

What have you been up to? Any events you're gearing up for? Good luck!

2 comments:

Dotty said...

You are brave, but I'm sure it will be fine! You certainly look like a long distance swimmer in your gear- I'm loving the pink hat:D We're off to a golden anniversary at the weekend. Good luck!!!!

rosieposie said...

my brother does a lot of outdoor swimming and big traithlon and biathle competitions ~ i don't envy you with the outdoor swimming!

i'm training for a half marathon at the moment
x

Exchange Links with Wrapped Up With String!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP